Search Postgresql Archives

Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf

Christophe Dore wrote:
Thanks for answering

Yes, you are right. This is a client-side file. However, our concern is
that we have to consider this practice as a security issue. We'd like to
ban this practice for our product which is, thus, wrapping PostgresQL
engine. Thus my questions

- is there any configuration that can be done on server side to prevent
the client side to use such file to read passwords ?
- is there any options that can be set in postgres libpq C library to
prevent the connection functions to search for password in files ?

where do you want the client apps to get the passwords from? hard coded? an application read .inf file?