Search Postgresql Archives

Re: data type to store a lot of text and tables of data

Thank you very much  for your help and so soon answears. I will try using the solutions you suggest.

best regards,

karina

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 24/03/2010 22:39, Karina Guardado wrote:
> You know I need to design a table where some attributes have a data type
> that allow me to store  text mixed with tables and other information. I
> use PHP code to get the information and store it in to the database so I
> wonder if this is posible to do. I found in the link you provided me
> that  If character varying is used without length specifier, the type
> accepts strings of any size. So this is useful for me when only text has
> to be stored but when the user wants to store information mixed with
> tables like the following :

I suppose it depends on what the format of the data is.... the example
you posted is HTML, which is pure text, so could be stored in a VARCHAR
or TEXT column.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland