Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Get the list of permissions/privileges on schema

Thanks a lot guys but I am not looking for security definer function. I know it. My requirements are very complicated and I have to nailed down the stuffs by storing schema permissions somewhere, execute my store procedure, and restored the stored schema permissions. Like this I would make sure that thogh my store procedure manipulates schema permissions, at the end, users will have their permissions intact.

Thanks,
Dipti

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25 March 2010 12:14, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You should look into the pg_class table : relacl attribute for the
> permissions on any object.

Is it correct to set it directly?

Of course not...
This is just way to fetch the list of permission on any object.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company