Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Failed to run initdb: 128

On 04/03/10 20:43, Niranjan Maturi (nmaturi) wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw that "2769" is related to locales. On
the machine, I saw a new locale called "C" is installed. I am not sure
how it got installed. By default, this locale was getting selected. I
did select "English - united states" and try to install. It also failed
with the same error.

The "C" locale is a built-in one that just orders by the numeric binary-representation of the characters in a string. Standard "C" style ordering.

We are using 8.2.4. There is a later version, but we tested our
applciation thoroughly with 8.2.4 and so we currently bundle our
applciation with this version only.

Try a later version. New features are not introduced in minor updates, but bug-fixes are. Check the release-notes for the latest version back to 8.2.4 and unless you are relying on the incorrect behaviour of a bug, it is worth keeping up-to-date.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-15.html

Do you think uninstalling this locale would fix this issue?

No. Can you post the end of the installer log-file you get? Or preferably the whole file.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd