Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.

Michael Gould wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea on what is going on here and how to fix the
> problem?  I've logged in as the domain adminstrator and the system
> administrator for our domain and I've turned UAC off also, but as of yet
> no luck.

I'm wondering if you should post to the pgsql-odbc list too, since some
of the ODBC folks don't follow the main list very closely.

> I know that they are at least partially installed because I can access
> our database via two tools that use ODBC as it's access method.  It's
> just that they are not showing up in the administrator and this makes me
> think that I've got a problem.

If it's anything like it was in the win16 -> win32 transition, you'll
need to fire up the 32-bit ODBC administrator, as it could be different.

Try running "odbcad32.exe"

> The author of this product has taken a complete backup of my database
> and restored it on his machine. [where it works]

Is his machine running windows 7?

Is it 32-bit of 64-bit?

--
Craig Ringer