Search Postgresql Archives

Re: FSM and VM file

akp geek wrote on 02.03.2010 22:11:
Hi all -
               There are lot of FSM and VM files getting generated in
the base directory. Do we need these files and I don't know the reason
why these files are getting generated. I read the documentation, but not
able to follow well. I will read it again. But do we need to keep these
files or there is any process can we run to clean these. Can you please
help?
Regards

My understanding is that the FSM files are the "Free Space Map" files.

But you should never ever under no circumstance delete files manually from the data directory!

Thomas