Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Row ordering after CREATE TABLE AS...SELECT regexp_split_to_table(source_text, regexp) AS new_column

Thank you very much for this explanation/reply. It precisely answers my question.

Unfortunately, it prompts a new question. I am using 8.4.2 which I assume is new enough to trigger a "yes" response to "If you have a version new enough to have synchronize_seqscans...". I have absolutely no idea how to turn that off. Perhaps the best thing would be to direct me to the documentation where turning it off is described so that I can become more autonomous. However, accompanying that with explicit directions would be welcome too.

I am in Greenwich +1 timezone, but I fear you are in the 2AM time zone. Thank you again,

John