Search Postgresql Archives

Implementing an Index Access Method in PG 8.4

Hi *,
I have a question according to the implementation of a new index access method in Postgres. Is it necessary to implement a new resource manager for XLog when I am trying to achieve a stable new index access method?
I actually don't know how to register a new ressource manager (if I would have to). Is there a way to bypass this using some kind of "generic" resource manager that needs some kind of standardized input values, or do I have to do this manually?
Actually my main problem here is, that I am just doing the implementation of some examples of index structures, just basic things to test what is to be done when implementing the stuff. However I found, that all the currently available structures in the source distribution do have their own recovery functionality using own resource managers. Thus I thought that I will probably have to add support for this, too, but I don't know exactly if it is really necessary (and, as I already mentioned, how this would be possible).

Best regards,
	Carsten Kropf