Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Define permissions at database level

On 18/02/10 10:54, dipti shah wrote:
Okay then I think below works:

    1. Revoke permission ALL permissions from PUBLIC on schema.

               REVOKE ALL ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA mySchema FROM PUBLIC;

    2. Give store procedure for creating table with SECURITY DEFINER marked
so that all tables owner will be "postgres" user.
    3. Grant SELECT permission to required group on created table.
    4. Give store procedure for droping the table with SECURITY DEFINER
marked so that droping will happen in the context of "postgres" user.

I think above will not allow anyone to create and/or drop tables directly
without using store procedures.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Sounds about right. Always test though.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd