Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres Triggers issue

Adrian Klaver wrote:

Well that would depend on any number of factors. Without information on how the feed is being done or more detailed logs it is hard to say for sure. At a guess though, I would say it is because the 'feed' is being done wrapped in a transaction and when the trigger errors it aborts the transaction.

From my perspective, I only see inserts when I select * from pg_stat_activity. I'm told it's a jdbc connection (don't know much about java myself) but it has been interesting to see that it's working now. Still I did find it odd that the inserts stopped when the badly written trigger was there

I appreciate the help :D