Search Postgresql Archives

Valid lc-collate names on Windows

Hi all

I am trying to find a collation that will support most European languages.
I want something that will sort accentuated 'e' after normal 'e' as in French, 'n' with a '~' after normal 'n' as in Spanish, German Eszett as 'ss', etc...
Is there a collation that does this on windows ?
I have searched a bit, but I can't find the list of supported collations on my system (postgresql 8.4, winxp pro french).

In regionnal settins, I have a list of supported locales, but trying them results in an error (i.e. createdb --lc-collate="Anglais (États-Unis)" -> ERREUR: nom de locale « Anglais (États-Unis) » invalide, locale name invalid).

I tried with collation "C" and encoding "UTF8", but is not good at all since it sorts lowercase letters after uppercase ones.

Thanks in advance for you help on this !

Regards
Arnaud Lesauvage