Search Postgresql Archives

Re: serial columns with replication/cluster

Sean,

take a look at UUID type.  It might suit you better than serial.

Changing the increment also works, but puts a lot of restrictions on you (such as planning to prevent collision, having to change the increment on several nodes when adding a new node, etc.).

Regards,
--
Jorge Godoy     <jgodoy@xxxxxxxxx>