Search Postgresql Archives

Collate order on Mac OS X, text with diacritics in UTF-8

Hi,

We are a software publisher searching for a new DBMS for our software. We have more than one hundred installed servers, running Mac OS and a Primebase database.

We have spend some time evaluating PostgreSQL and we can't get correct outputs with the ORDER BY command.
LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE are set to fr_FR.UTF-8.

It seems there is a known problem with the collating order of text including diacritics with the UTF8 encodings on BSD systems.

Does anyone know a workaround ?

Thanks for your answers,

Martin