Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how much left for restore?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo writes:

It get a bit better but even knowing what are the largest tables it
is hard to get an estimate of how much is missing before complete
restore.

Agree. Also building indexes can also take quite some time.

I'm really looking at rough figures... even a: I've read 40% of the
file will give a more usable information than: I've already loaded
table A.

I don't believe there is anything like that and have not see anything in the TODO list (that I recall) either.

It likely is not easy to implement. For starters to get such an estimate you would need to know how much data a table has. That would require to do a pass to get size or somehow store table size on the restore for the estimate. Then you have indexes.. they are just one line on the backup, but can take quite a while to build depending on size.

For the foreseable future -v is likely all that is and will be available.