Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how many record versions

Greg Stark wrote:
Another option is simply logging this data to a text file. Or multiple text

Yes, this is what we've been doing recently. We write to a set of text files and there's a process to commit to MySQL every 2-3 minutes (and if the commit fails, we write to another text file to avoid the data being lost). It works but I keep thinking how ugly the whole thing is :-)

files one per server. Then you can load the text files with batch loads
offline. This avoids slowing down your servers handling the transactions in
the critical path. But it's yet more complex with more points for failure.

-- dave

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster