Search Postgresql Archives

Re: safelly erasing dirs/files

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Joao Ferreira gmail <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

How can I safelly erase (with rm command in Linux) files or dirs
concerning a specific database ?
   Using 'rm', you can't -- not safely anyways.

assuming I whish to elimiante data belonging to database A but I do not
whish to disturb or cause any injury to database B

Login to database B and type: 'DROP DATABASE A;'  That will drop the whole database.  If you just want to delete certain tables within the database, then you should login to database A and use: 'DROP TABLE tablename'

Is there documentation on how to do this or on what exactly am I erasing
if I remove some specific file or dir.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-dropdatabase.html

--Scott