Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres Clustering Options

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:47 AM, David Kerr <dmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In your enviornment, are the applications able to recover automatically after
a DB failover?

For exmaple, we're using Java/JDBC connections +Geronimo we're researching whether
or not JDBC/Geronimo would be able to retry in the case of losing a connection to
the DB vs failing and crashing the app.

Since the system is active/passive, a failover *will* disconnect all sessions. We have coded our applications so that if they lose connection to the database, they will automatically try to reconnect.

Regards

Mikko