Search Postgresql Archives

Function with RETURN TYPE RECORD Called From JAVA

Hi All,

I have a Function that returns a variable of Type RECORD.
PFA the .sql file in which the Function is written.

When I execute this Function from JAVA and try to get the Return
Variable in a ResultSet object I get the following Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException
        at com.cisco.ccm.car.general.Test.testStoredProc(Test.java:119)

Here is the JAVA Code that I am using:

	CARConnector objCARConn = new CARConnector();
	CallableStatement objCallStmt = null;

	objCallStmt = objCARConn.prepareCall("{ ? = call
Proc_ConferenceSummary(?,?,?,?,?) }");
	objCallStmt.registerOutParameter(1, 12);
	// '12/1/2003','1/23/2004',1,1,0,5001
	//'3/5/2004','3/5/2004',1,1,5001

	objCallStmt.setString(2,"3/5/2004");
	objCallStmt.setString(3,"5/5/2004");
	//objCallStmt.setString(3,"3/5/2004");
	objCallStmt.setInt(4,1);
	objCallStmt.setInt(5,1);
	objCallStmt.setInt(6,5001);
	objCallStmt.execute();
	ResultSet rs = (ResultSet)objCallStmt.getObject(1);//THIS IS
WHERE I GET THE CLASSCASTEXCEPTION

Please let me know in case I am doing something wrong, or there is a
different way of doing things.

Regards,
Sumita

      joining column's datatypes do not match