Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Where I can find "SSL specification"?

On 05/11/2009, at 0:06, John R Pierce wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Raimon Fernandez <coder@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I want to implement SSL in my Frontend implementation with TCP/IP.

You should not be thinking about implementing SSL from scratch --- we don't.
Use OpenSSL or another library.

Of course I'm not going to implement SSL from scratch ...

:-)

Where can I find the steps to start an SSL connection with PostgreSQL ?

The config files, certificates, etc. etc. must follow the same rules for the libpq specification ?

heck, you have to be a glutton to want to use libssl from openssl... there's something like 158 APIs and very little documentation on how to properly use them

Doy you mean there's no 'easy' way to start-up an SSL connection from a TCP/IP socket to postgresql ????

Why aren't you using libpq ??!?

I'm doing this as an experiment/hobby, the comunication using TCP/IP is really fast, I'm accessing servers that are far away and the speed is really great, I have asynchronous comunication, I can show rows as they are coming, I don't have to wait before all of them are here, it's multi-plattform, my code works on OS X, OS 9, Windows, Linux, and I don't know almost nothing about C, linking C libraries, etc. etc.

:-)

thanks!

regards,

raimon