Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Emal reg expression

William Temperley wrote:
2009/10/28 Richard Huxton <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Xai wrote:
i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
can some one help me?
Google for "email regex". Be warned - this is very complicated if you
want to match *all* possible email addresses.

Just send your users an email asking them to reply. If they do, it's
obviously a valid address.

Depends on the content of the reply and your definition of "valid". I occasionally get emails from people intending to reach someone else. The address is "valid" to reach someone, but not "valid" to reach the intended party. Often I'll send a courtesy reply informing the sender that they have not reached the correct party and advising them to fix their address lists.

--
Lew