Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Delphi connection ?

Nico Callewaert wrote:
Hi List,
I tried already in the ODBC list, but without success... I have to develop a client/server application, heavily transaction oriented, that will serve around 100 users and database traffic will be intense (lot's of reads, updates, inserts....). Development environment is Delphi 2007. I know there are a few commercial components available, but I was wondering if ODBC could do the job ? So, my question is, if ODBC is intended to be used for that ? Many simultanous connections, lots of inserts, updates ?
The thing you always hear about ODBC is, that it is very slow ?

ADO is significantly faster than ODBC, so the preferred stack would be delphi -> ado -> postgres ole db -> libpq ->postgres

I believe there exists a delphi->ado wrapper (at least my brief googling popped one up)