Search Postgresql Archives

BLOB help needed...

We’re implementing our first PostgreSQL database, and enjoying it very much.  However, we have a table that will store binary image files (pie charts, etc.) for later display on a dynamic webpage.  While we’re putting together our prototype application, I’ve been asked by the programmers (I’m the DBA) to “put the images in the database.”  I can see how to do this using Large Objects, but then getting them out again seems problematic, and the documentation is a bit sketchy.  Would BYTEA columns be better?  However, it seems to me that there is no easy way using psql to load images into a BYTEA column.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark Taber

State of California

Department of Finance