Search Postgresql Archives

doubt about pg_dumpall

Hi all;

In the documentation I'm missing some explanation about pg_dumpall.
I would like to know if there is any difference if I restore an entire
database cluster over an existing database or over an empty cluster.

For example: if I restore the database cluster over a database that contains
more tables than the backed database, will these additional tables be dropped
previously to the restoration? Or if the tables already exist in the
destination database will be any kind of cheking to see if the tables in the
backup are newer or older than these existing tables?

Thanks and best regards,

Javier