Search Postgresql Archives

Re: build contrib

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:49:43 -0500,
  John Liu <johnl@emrx.com> wrote:
> How to build some of those contrib? Can you add one of contrib on the
> existing Postgresql without reconfigure, rebuild, and reinstall?

As long as you haven't done a make clean (or distclean) since your
last build:
cd contrib/whatever
make
make install

I always stop the postmaster when I do this, though I am not sure if you
really need to do that as the contrib stuff just add function libraries
that should get loaded when the are referenced and/or provide scripts
that you run to create the functions or do other things.