Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Basix for Data General / Basix for Sco Unix

Andrew Ayers <aayers@eldocomp.com> wrote:

[snip]

> What is "Basix" - didn't DG at one time make a PICK system (?) -

There was a Pick operating system.  Still is, actually.  It had nothing
to do with Data General.  "Basix," I don't recall.

>                                                                  are you
> sure that you are referring to a PICK Basic code? If this is what you
> are referring to, then look into the keywords Pick, D3, UniVerse, and
> multivalue.

UniVerse is a dbm system that was derived from the Pick operating
system, IIRC.  I actually was nearly a UniVerse DBA.  Until the company
for which I worked at the time ran out of money before finishing the
deployment of their new ERP system.  Took classes at a place called
JES.

--
Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php