Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [HACKERS] Remove MySQL Tools from Source?

Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I'm thinking it's time to remove the "MySQL" conversion tools from the
> PostgreSQL source tree and put them somewhere they might be maintained.
> I've just done some testing, and neither one works with current versions of
> MySQLdump.

Hmm ... seems like the big question is not "where to keep them" but
"who's gonna maintain them" ... without active maintenance they're
just dead bits wherever they're stored, because MySQL and Postgres
are both moving targets.

These tools are a not insignificant part of our Plan for World
Domination ;-) so it would be good if somebody stepped up to the
plate and volunteered to take care of 'em.  Anybody?

			regards, tom lane