Search Postgresql Archives

Orphaned trigger -- bug?

I just ran across a situation where I dropped a table that had a trigger created on it. The system let me drop the table without complaining and then I realized/remembered that the trigger also existed. I tried dropping the trigger, but of course that couldn't be done because the target relation no longer existed. Of course I couldn't remake a relation because that would have a different OID. The only way I found to drop the trigger was to drop the entire database.

Shouldn't the system complain about triggers being dependent on relations the same way that dropping a table that is used in a view isn't allowed?

Thanks!
Mark