Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Storing jpgs

Would anyone have some example code they could share using libpq to encode an image into a text field? Right now, I'm converting my image into a hexadecimal string representation in my SQL statement. I'm sure there must be a better (faster) way. The hex encodeing/decoding slows things down for me since my app deals with a lot of images.