Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PG vs MySQL

At 06:16 PM 3/29/2004 -0600, Mike Nolan wrote:

> Now, that doesn't preclude clients from seeing the names of another
> clients database using \l, but unless there is gross mis-management of the
> pg_hba.conf, seeing the names of other databases doesn't give other
> clients any benefits ...

That rather depends upon what those clients are doing, doesn't it?

I can see benefits from being able to completely isolate one client/database
from another,  even to the point of not giving them any hints that they're
sharing the same database server.  (Depending on how fanatical I am about
it, there are other solutions, such as separate instances or completely
separate physical systems, but those present a different set of
administrative issues.)

It would just be better to run separate postgres instances.

The resources used may be higher, but the isolation is better.

If RAM was cheaper I'd give each customer their own virtual machine.

Regards,
Link.