Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Alan Hodgson wrote:
>
> > Can you connect to the database with psql using the same credentials?  PHP
> > will use the same underlying postgresql library to connect.
>
> Alan,
>
>    If you mean can I as a user connect to that same database, the answer is
> yes:
>
> [rshepard@salmo ~]$ psql cms
> psql (9.0.3)
> Type "help" for help.

This is incorrect.

The ADODB error message indicates that you are connecting to localhost
via TCP/IP.  The default for psql when you don't specify a host is to
connect via unix domain socket.  You're not testing the same thing.

See if
psql -h localhost cms
works.

--