Re: first transactions

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 4:47:33 am A B wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I think I need some help on making it clear on how to use transactions
> in php in a "correct" way.
>
> Lets consider this code/pseudocode

[...snipped...]
> So the question is: how do I write the pseudocode parts in php?
> Any other general suggestions on how to make the function more "fool
> proof" is appreciated. :-)

I recommend use of PEAR::MDB2[1] or "PDO"[2]..   typically what I do is run
the query, rollback if error, continue if not. if you want to be extra
thorough using MDB2, you can check to make sure the database supports
transactions, and after a "begin" you can make sure that the transaction has
been started. my understanding is that PDO has a *very* similar interface to
MDB2, except that PDO is written in C.

hope that helps some.. if you have more questions post again or email me
directly.

regards,
jeff

[1] http://pear.php.net/mdb2