problem using php

Dear sir,
Iam using postgresql with PHP. when i have installed this PHP5 with postgresql8.1.4 and apache2.0
I have installed a whole package of this availble from bitrock website.
But the problem is If i create any webbased PHP application to run that i have to place them in hpdock of apache folder. only then iam able to run the application. else iam unable to run that.
So would you suggest me a better way to run any of my php applications from my home dorectory without placing them in hpdocs.
thankyou
sahaanaa

I use Kify Mail - http://email.kify.com - Get your Kify Mail Account Today - Its Free, Fast, Easy, Secure & Spam-Free.