Re: PgSQL and integration between 2 PHP programs and a Java program

Hi,

First I should thank Brew and Juan for their kind helps :)

Now I have good news for you two :
CAS supports authenticating the users from a non-LDAP DB server such as MySQL or PgSQL. This way there would be no need to implement a LDAP server for authentication as it can simply read from my main application database tables where it stores users information ( http://developer.ja-sig.org/projects/cas/multiproject/cas-server-jdbc/apidocs/index.html)

So now everything seems to be OK with the first method. Also with the help of DBI-Link I can have my main application write user information to all the connected DBs, tables and fields.
The main application will be Liferay Portal ( www.liferay.com ). It's a Java program and it can also be implemented using PgSQL database. I don't really know how this DBI-Link works, but the way Juan said, maybe I can have Liferay write user information to a PgSQL DB and have DBI-Link propagates the data (username, password, first_name, last_name, city, state, country, zipcode and ... ) inside Liferay's DB to all appropriate DBs.
Also I will disable ANY modification to the above mentioned fields in other applications so that a user need to change for e.g his name in Liferay, and then it will take effect in other applications as well.
So in this method, I will use a PgSQL server with 2 databases ( one for DBI-Link and one for Liferay ) and a MySQL server with maybe 10 databases for other applications. In this case, CAS will read authentication information from Liferay DB in PgSQL.
Any comments or ideas ?!

--

Warm Regards,
Amir