Re: Phppgadmin

Hi Nabil,

First, I suggest using the latest version of phpPgAdmin: 4.0.

Second, your configuration seems ok, but you need to turn on logging in your PostgreSQL to see the exact error that you're getting.

Chris

Nabil Servais wrote:
Hello, I know it's a mailing list dedicated to postgresql but, after a long research on the web, I found nothing good. I've got some problem phppgadmin 3.5.2 (running with postgresql 8.0 on debian sarge). I can connect to the database with psql and pgadmin III but when I use phppgadmin I get "login failed".

An extract of the config.inc.php:

<?php

// Hostname or IP address for server. Use '' for UNIX domain socket.
      $conf['servers'][0]['host'] = '';

      // Database port on server (5432 is the PostgreSQL default)
      $conf['servers'][0]['port'] = 5432;

// Change the default database only if you cannot connect to template1
      $conf['servers'][0]['defaultdb'] = '';

      // Specify the path to the database dump utilities for this server.
      // You can set these to '' if no dumper is available.
      $conf['servers'][0]['pg_dump_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dump';
      $conf['servers'][0]['pg_dumpall_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dumpall';

      // Default language for the login screen if there's no translation
      // matching user's browser request. Eg: 'english', 'polish', etc.
      $conf['default_lang'] = 'english';

// If extra login security is true, then logins via phpPgAdmin with no // password or certain usernames (pgsql, postgres, root, administrator)
      // will be denied. Only set this false once you have read the FAQ and
      // understand how to change PostgreSQL's pg_hba.conf to enable
      // passworded local connections.
      $conf['extra_login_security'] = false;
?>

of the pg_hba.conf

# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser
local   all         postgres                          md5

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               ident sameuser
#local   all        all                                 md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         192.168.1.0/24        trust
#host   all         all         192.168.1.0/24          password
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

And postrgresql.conf

# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'  # what IP interface(s) to listen on;
                              # defaults to localhost, '*' = any
port = 5432
max_connections = 100
      # note: increasing max_connections costs about 500 bytes of shared
# memory per connection slot, in addition to costs from shared_buffers
      # and max_locks_per_transaction.
#superuser_reserved_connections = 2
unix_socket_directory = '/tmp'
#unix_socket_group = ''
#unix_socket_permissions = 0777 # octal
#rendezvous_name = ''           # defaults to the computer name

# - Security & Authentication -

#authentication_timeout = 60    # 1-600, in seconds
ssl = true
#password_encryption = true
#krb_server_keyfile = ''
#db_user_namespace = false