Re: server dropping connection

2006-05-02 (화), 18:13 -0600, Reed Loefgren 쓰시길:
> All,
>
> I've been trying to run a nested query via a browser using a php script.
> The script looks at a table with a couple years worth of data (6M rows).
> If I constrain the search to five or six days of the data it works fine
> and displays the result set in the browser, but if I have it parse the
> entire table it errors out with this message:
>
> server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server
> terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
>
> The error points at line 33, which is the $query = "SELECT..." in the
> script.
> The full table query runs fine in psql and the very limited query runs
> fine in the php script so I'm thinking there might be some type of
> resource starvation or client connection timeout happening. In psql the
> full query over two years of data returns a result set (limit 50) in about
> three minutes. Any ideas where I should begin looking?
>
> thanks,

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/core.html#timeout

says

The TimeOut directive currently defines the amount of time Apache will
wait for three things:

     1. The total amount of time it takes to receive a GET request.
     2. The amount of time between receipt of TCP packets on a POST or
        PUT request.
     3. The amount of time between ACKs on transmissions of TCP packets
        in responses
     4.

i am interested in what the change would be if you wrote a server-side
function, however.

my site <a href="http://www.myowndictionary.com";>myowndictionary</a> was
made to help students of many languages learn them faster.