Re: selecting records by timestamp (date)

maybe the postgres version in the server is different

On 2/28/06, Jovan Kostovski <chom_devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hi,

I have the following table running on postgres 8.04:

   CREATE TABLE ValueLog
    (
      idValueLog int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval ('public.idValueLog_seq'::text),
      PPx integer,
      iValue integer DEFAULT -1,
      fValue real DEFAULT -1,
      t_tag timestamp without time zone,
      t_arr timestamp without time zone,
      cot integer,
      ack boolean,
      blk boolean,
      qd_iv boolean,
      qd_nt boolean,
      qd_sb boolean,
      qd_bl boolean,
      qd_ov boolean,
      CONSTR AINT idValueLog PRIMARY KEY (idValueLog)
    )
        WITHOUT OIDS;
        ALTER TABLE ValueLog OWNER TO $admin_user;"

I've created the following SQL statement to select the records newer then a given date:

select almvalue.almname , ppoint.ppdimstr, valuelog.ack, valuelog.blk, to_char(valuelog.t_arr,'DD.MM.YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from ppoint, valuelog, almvalue where ppoint.ppx = valuelog.ppx and almvalue.almvalue = valuelog.ivalue and valuelog.ppx = $db_ppx and  to_char(valuelog.t_arr,'YYYYMMDD') >= '$ts

$ts is a string, the date value input by the user and formated YYYYMMDD

I've developed the web site on my Ubuntu box, but when I uploaded the site on the server Fedora Core 3, I had problems with the date filtering. Running psql on the server I've noticed that there were more data in the select * from  value log results, field t_arr something like MM-DD-YYYY-dsfsdfd (something else which I don't know what it is)
I think that the local time settings on the server makes me the troubles.

What's the solution?

I've even checked the result  of:
select to_char( valuelog.t_arr,'DD.MM.YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from  valuelog;

but instead of data I got empty data set. Why?

What's the best way to do filtering (selecting) data by time?

TIA, Jovan

Yahoo! Mail

Atte. Rodrigo A. Llanos N.

Saludos.