Re: Hash and Encryption Considerations

I use a text field and md5 that is built into php.  It works fine.

operationsengineer1@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

hi all,

i'm delving into using php to hash passwords to store
in my pg db.  i will also be looking into encrypting
personal information, too.

i think i have a decent understanding how to use php
to accomplish these tasks, but i'm not sure if there
are any pgsql considerations - even after spending
some time searching for something relevant.

i'd appreciate any insight from some more experienced
developers may have on this topic.

tia...