php and postgresql on windows

I am having trouble making php have postgresql support.  I saw a post
saying that if it is setup correctly you should see a psql entry. in
info.php.  I see no such entry.
My postgresql is setup correctly because I can connect to it, view
tables etc.  I am trying to setup php5, I installed it with apache2
and php itself works.  But I cannot get postgresql part to work.  I
have a simple script that I found when looking up the pg_connect
function but I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function
pg_connect() in F:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\index.php
on line 2
I also tried phppgadmin and it also gives me an error saying that
"Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. You need to
recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option."

In my php.ini I have
extension_dir = "./;F:\PHP\ext\"
and I have taken out the semi-colon in
extension=php_pgsql.dll

Is that all that's required to get the pg functions to work?

I tried inserting this dl('php_pgsql.dll'); into my script and still
says undefined function.