Why is PGSQL better than MySQL

I've been reading the "AP2" thread and take it as a matter of faith that PGSQL is better than MySQL. It seems more complete for one thing. I have tried to explain my reasoning to several people when convincing them to use one versus the other. But does anyone know if there is a quasi-categorical comparison of the two so that I could speak with more conviction other than "I know it's better".