Re: [PHP] Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter

On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Partners Majolee Infotech wrote:

We have a pl/pgsql function functionName(date) .. here if it has been called using functionName('23456') it gives error .. we need to raise an exception(customized error message) if the passed value is not date.. how can we do that.

You can add a function with the same name that accepts a text parameter instead of a date. Then check the date and call your functionName(date) function or raise your custom exception if the date is invalid.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL