php5 and Pg 8.0.3 install from sources - problem

Environment I am running is as follows:
OS: Fedora Core 3
php5.0.4
Pg 8.0.3

Here is what I did:

1) uninstalled postgres rpm
2) unistalled php rpm

3) compiled from source postgre (more recent version)
4) compiled from source php (more recent version)
5) installed zend optimizer

During step 4, namely when I did make install of php I have got an error of
libpq.so.4 was not found. I copied then it to /usr/lib and make worked. But
when I tried to start apache it has failed to start complaining on libpq.so.4
something like "can't open shared segment: Permission Denied.".

Did anyone experience such problem?

P.S. Postgres itself installed from source just without any problem or warning.
But looks like a problem with its lib libpq.so

Thank you for any help!