Re: failed connection to postgres

I think you want "user" instead of "dbuser" in the pg_connect function:

$conn =pg_connect("host=localhost dbname=milker user=s0460205
dbpass=password");

Heather Johnson

SG Edwards wrote:

If I use the following code to connect to postgres using PHP:

<?php
echo "trying to connect to the database...";

$conn =pg_connect("host=localhost dbname=milker dbuser=s0460205
dbpass=password");

if (!$conn) {
echo "no connection";
}
?>

However, the connection is not made. If I try to run it from the command line in
UNIX I get the following error:

PHP warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: invalid
connection option &quot;dbuser&quot; in /home/s0460205/public_html/first.php on
line 12

The username, database name and password are definately right and my database is
on the same server as the script (thus I assume localhost for host?) so should
this not work?

Many thanks for your help

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you are
hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error; any
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is
please notify us immediately by reply or by telephone (call us at 212-930-
8000) and immediately delete this message and all its attachments.  Any
content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the
official business of NYP Holdings, Inc. must be taken not to have been sent
or endorsed by any of them.  No warranty is made that the e-mail or
attachment(s) are f r e e from computer v i r u s or other defect.