Re: pg_pconnect causing

Thanks. I'll go bug the php guys.

yulius

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:02 PM
To: Yulius Tjahjadi
Cc: pgsql-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [PHP] pg_pconnect causing

Yulius Tjahjadi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When I use pg_pconnect() and the apache process exits for reaping, I
>get these errors.  I'm using Postgres 8.0.1 on Ferdora Core 2.
>
>LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>
>I think I know what's going on.  Since there is a persistent
>connection, when the apache process dies postgres thinks the connection

>was abruptly disconnected w/o a proper close function.  It's not
>causing me any problems, but I would like to remove any bad messages
>from the log file. I was wondering if this is just a bug that needs to
>be fixed.

You are correct in your assumption but it is not a bug. PostgreSQL is
doing exactly what it should.

The bug (if it was considered to be a bug) would be in the communication

between PHP and Apache and PHP not closing the connection before Apache
drops its process.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-667-4564 - jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.commandprompt.com