Checking data inserted during a transaction

Hello all,

I'm working on an administrative interface in PHP for the art gallery
database I created last year, and running into a few issues.

Because information has to be entered into several different tables for each
exhibition, I've broken down the process of adding new exhibitions to the
databases into several pages, each of which processes the form data sent
from the previous page and then guides users through the next step (artists
featured in the exhibition, etc.).

I'm using transactions to handle this, so that at the end of the process the
user can (hopefully) review the data they've entered and either commit or
rollback the changes. But I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out whether
the data I'm trying to insert during the transaction is actually being
inserted.