Uploading and parsing a file into a table

Hi,

I have to build a web form to upload data files (approx 50 columns, 10,000
rows) and then parse them into a table.

I can open and parse the files in PHP and slurp them into the table using
COPY, but I was just wondering if this is the best way to do this?

Also I may have to be able to upload several of them at a time, do you think
the PHP/COPY method would scale well to up to 10 files?

Would this be the fastest method?

Thanks for any advice

adam

believed to be clean.