Re: session_is_started()

I would do the following : on the first page you start the session with session_start and then you include an OK field in the session
<code>
($_SESSION['OK']   = TRUE;
</code>
On the following pages , the first thing you do is check the existence of the variable like this
<code>
if (! isset($_SESSION['OK']))
{
   session_start();
}
</code>

Your problems derives most probably from teh fact that in your php.ini the session.autostart is set to On , starting a session automatically once 1 time started.

Joolz wrote:

Hello,

I'm makeing a PHP frontend to a postgresql db, and want to use
sessions in order to sore global variables. I read that it's enough to
put session_start() in the top file of the app, but that doesn't work,
when I go two or three PHP files "deep", the session is forgotten.

To workaround this, I tried putting session_start() at the begonning
of every PHP file that does something with session variables. This
however gives me lot of these errors: "Notice: A session had already
been started - ignoring session_start() in [scriptname] on line 5"

I would like something like

if (!session_is_started()) { // note: this function doesn't exist
 session_start();
}

How have you solved this problem? Thanks for any tips!