get list of databases and tables in Postgres

LS,

Hope you can help : I am looking for equivalent sql statement for the following in MySQL :
SHOW DATABASES

I found out that for the tables you can connect to a Postgresql specific table information_schema.tables , but what is the corresponding table for the names of databases under Postgresql ?

All help is highly appreciated.