Re: what do I wrong???

Thank You for answer.

1. and 2. I don't no, becouse I'm not administrator on server. PostgreSQL
server 7.1 and RedHut Linux x.xx
3. Yes when I connet to the server with SSH client PuTTY for windows.

My Web server run on Win2000, and PHP code is on IIS 5.0 server. I mean it
is a problem with crypt() routine.

It would be a good idea to contact your system administrator and ask them 1 and 2, otherwise you'll be wasting your time with trial and error.

Alternatively, if you have SSH access to the machine then you could try working both out for yourself (do a process listing, see if you have read access to postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf)

How do you know its a problem with the crypt() routine? I can't see how that could be related, unless I'm missing something significant.

Matthew.

--
Matthew Horoschun
Network Administrator