Re: New PHP/PG functions

on 8/27/02 9:32 PM, chris@xxxxxxxxxxx purportedly said:

> In my eyes, this makes no sense. An "insert" in no query, but now I have to
> put it into the query function ... hmmmm ... :)

No, this is incorrect. INSERT is a query. DELETE is a query. What you are
saying is tantamount to saying that INSERT and DELETE statements are not
part of the Structured *Query* Language (SQL). According to the SQL
definition every database operation is a query. Hence the new name. In any
case, the names are being changed a consistent and uniform naming convention
for database operation functions. And this is a good thing.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.