Re: About to update the PostgreSQL-Functions in the PHP

on 8/18/02 6:39 AM, poppcorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx purportedly said:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in the process of updating some parts of the PHP manual, and
> in the next few days the "PostgreSQL Functions" area is where I'll be
> up to.
>
> Is there anything which anyone would like to be added, clarified,
> updated, or similar for this?
>
> :-)

One little gotcha that got me was that in previous PHP versions (I don't
recall which exactly, but at least prior to 4.1) the number_format()
function would return a decimal value without trailing 0's if no decimal
precision was specified. Now, decimal values are truncated if no precision
is specified. It may have been a bug before, but it was a behavior I relied
on.

Also it should be mentioned that strtotime() cannot parse date formats that
use a dash (-) as a delimiter, probably because the algorithm cannot
distinguish between its use as a delimiter and as a relative value, e.g. "-2
days".

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.